Monday 24 January 2011

the new challenge: 100 days in the unknown! Day 58

Over the last few days, I have been doing a very different exercise. I wanted to sculpt without an agenda, without any restriction of sculpting a specific subject, let my mind go the way it wants. Sculpting a specific subject, even trying to move away from the reality has its restrictions. Sculpting something that is not suppose to represent anything specific could be fun and liberating....

The best medium that I find for this type of exercise is clay as it quick to build and can be moved quickly as well.  It is quite amazing the shapes I came up with, something I wouldn't have imagine sculpting! I am trying to think about how I came up with those shape?  because I was sculpting with no pre-conceived idea or agenda those sculptures are not representational at all, yet there is a deep meaning behind those shapes.

I will be putting pictures  later on when those sculptures are in a finished stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment